Fresh, fabulous florals are an essential component of your wedding decor, so you want to be sure you’re in good hands! Before signing a contract, make sure you have these ten key questions covered:
1. Do you have a signature style? There are various styles of floral design, and different florists work with different methods. If you’re going for a traditional look and your florist describes her style as modern and trendy, for example, it may not be the best fit.
2. Can you help me determine which flowers would be best for my wedding? There are many factors - the season, your color scheme, your budget, your style, whether you are having an indoor or outdoor wedding, and the the length of your event, for example – to consider when choosing which flowers will be best for your wedding. Make sure your florist can help you cover all these bases.
3. Do you have any suggestions for maximizing my floral budget? Florists often have helpful tips and tricks to help clients get the most bang for their buck. If a florist is able to offer some great suggestions you hadn’t considered, you know you’ve found a winner.
4. Do you have a portfolio of your work? Looking through photographs of floral arrangements they have done for previous weddings will give you a good sense of their style and whether their vision is aligned with yours.
5. Will you provide sketches or mockups of my arrangements? It’s important that you are able to get an accurate visual of the floral arrangements you’ve discussed before the big day and that any tweaks and changes can be accommodated.
6. Do you provide additional decor items? >Some florists have decor items like vases, columns, votives, arches and candelabras available for rent. Find out whether this option will be available through your florist or whether you will need to rent decorative items from an outside company.
7. How many weddings or events will you book on the weekend of my wedding? Make sure your florist doesn’t have so much on her plate that she can’t give your event adequate time and attention.
8. How will the flowers be delivered and handled? Find out when the flowers will be delivered, how they will be packaged, where and how they will be stored, how they will be transported to your venue, and what setup will entail. You’ll also want to know whether there are extra fees for these services.
9. Will you be the one designing the flowers on my wedding day? This may seem obvious, but confirm that the person you are working with will actually be the one on site the day of. You don’t want any surprises!
10. Who will be responsible for breaking down and taking the arrangements away at the end of the reception? Don’t just assume the florist will be in charge of removing the arrangements from the venue once the celebration wraps up. Make sure there is a solid breakdown plan in place and that it has been relayed to your venue.
Wedding Venues Reception Halls Phoenix, AZ
Visit our Facebook page for current photos. Select the album section too!
GOLD CANYON LOCATION
6900 East US Highway 60, Suite 204
Gold Canyon, AZ 85118
Emergency # 602.399.0143
Come see us in person! Open House every Wednesday 6-8pm